Lessons and Realizations from UK Life: What I've Learned as an International Student😇
Arriving in the UK as an international student has been an incredible experience filled with both excitement and challenges, testing my sense of boldness and self-reliance in unexpected ways. While I deeply miss my family, friends, and the familiar surroundings of home, I remind myself that I came here for a purpose—something everyone has.
When I arrived in the UK, I was totally alone. It was a frightening feeling, but I was determined to succeed in my studies. However, as I experienced life in the UK, I realized that I was not a bold girl; I needed to become one. There were many instances where I had to demonstrate my boldness, but I was afraid to do so. It was at that moment that I realized I am a bit of a people-pleaser. I thought that keeping silent would not harm anyone. There is a story of a camel and a man who is given a little space in the tent for the camel, and at last, the man is outside the tent and the camel is fully inside the tent. As the story of the camel, if we constantly try to please people at our own expense, it will ultimately disrupt our peace.
Facing challenges in a new country has taught me that being bold is not just about performing brave acts but about confronting personal fears and asserting oneself even when it's uncomfortable. My experiences here are pushing me to grow beyond my previous boundaries, and I’m learning to balance my desire to please others with the need to stay true to myself.
As I continue to navigate this new chapter of my life, I’m committed to embracing the challenges and developing the boldness I aspire to. Each day here is reshaping my understanding of courage and self-assertion, and I am excited to face new social situations and see where this journey leads me.
- Saanz

Comments
Post a Comment